Saturday, February 4, 2012

...Lights Out...


Suddenly, once again, the world got dark, blurred, and oddly familiar. You know that feeling your whole body gets when you realize a fear that overwhelms your whole being? I had that feeling multiple times over the last few weeks. 

I had a viral infection in my eye that I picked up from god knows where. I really didn’t think anything about it. When it got so bad, I went to the doctor (family doctor) and ended up with some drops to soothe my eye. This was the end of the beginning. The infection cleared but my vision never came back. For the second time in my life it happened. That fear filled my heart and traveled to my soul. It’s unfair and mysterious advantage had taken over once again. One day you think you are in the clear, and just as that day ends, it tells you who is in control. Multiple Sclerosis is a battle that I am prepared to fight. 

After days of contemplating getting IV steroid treatments, which my Neuro was so adamant about, I finally said yes. I went down to the hospital infusion center Wednesday for the first infusion. Then I had home health come and put an IV in so we can do it at home for the remaining 4 days.

 

Mark has been the doctor, nurse, best friend, and best fiancĂ©. He has been doing all the infusions through my IV, and doing all the home things since I am restricted to use that arm until Sunday. He really keeps me going. I don’t know what I would do without him. He embodies this strong and charismatic feeling that exudes from him to me. I am so grateful. Words cannot begin to explain the overwhelming gratitude for a man who never asks for anything and will never give up on me. If there was a way that I could pay him back, it still wouldn’t be enough. Thank you baby.

I have been getting positive responses that are much needed through this. I just wanted to take the time to tell everyone Thank you. This dark and scary period that MS patients have to go through is frightening and can be downright exhausting. Keep the kind words coming because they are much appreciated and much needed. As much as I always try to keep strong and positive, it’s all of you who remind me that I can do this once again. I love you all and thank you.

With Love,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment